Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Fruitcakes, nutcakes and crazy dating stories!

Well, I have signed up for Match (although, I must say, I was disappointed not to get more input from you guys on my photos!!) and have already heard from some members of the "Clan of the Crazy Ones".

Here we have a nice bloke from Bundaburg, who writes:

Hi yankeegirlinau im xxxxx and and your profile is not bad and your not bad on the eye .i take people fishing for barramundi up in gin gin north of brisy . so if you would like to come up and go fishing we can talk and get to now each other .


The "gin-gin"??? Where the heck is the "gin-gin"? I looked it up on mapquest, but, couldn't find it. I was relieved to know that he though that my profile was "not bad" and that I was "not bad on the eyes" either. That was real encouraging. He than said that he could send some more photos of himself, but, they were mostly naked. Let's all say it together "he is a member of the Clan of the Crazy Ones". Yep!

For you North Carolinians - he is the equivalent of a Southern Redneck - yes, they have them here as well, however, they don't have that Southern Drawl.

And Bundaburg.....that reminds me of my stint in the hospital, where the old guy in the hospital bed next to mind kept yelling "I am from Bundaberg! I am from Bundaberg!" and I thought to myself. "I must go to this Bundaberg, it must be an amazing place, because he keeps shouting about it. And, happensstance would have it - that on my flight back from Lady Elliot Island (better know to use as Poop Island) we stopped in Bundaberg! and I broke part of the plane! yep! I used the wrong switch to open the door and attempted to open the window and it popped out of it's lining. Ah, fond memories of Bundaberg.


So, we go from "not bad" to another fruitcake who tells me that I am THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN on earth. Ok, we all know that is not true, but, I got excited when I read it. However, as I continued reading, (after finding out that he owns an art store and travels all around the world, yeah right), he says that there is some problem with Match that won't let anyone view his profile (yeah, right). But, the topper is that at the end of the email, after all the adulations of my great beauty, he ends it with saying "RESPOND BACK IN ENGLISH PLEASE!". English? Ok, I am AMERICAN! Last time I checked the country's primary language is ENGLISH (ok, maybe it is Spanish, but, most of us speak English too), so, why would he need to say that??? Then, it dawns on me! I am NOT the most beautiful woman in the world to him! He is mass mailing this email to all chicks on Match!!! Otherwise, why would he need to say this? Fruitcake! and definately a member of the Clan of the Crazy Ones.

Stay tuned for more silliness....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The honor of being 'not bad on the eyes'. And I bet he truly thought he was being flattering!!

The part where you broke the plane? OMG. That is a true Renee-ism. When will that end? I hope not ever because it cracks me up...keep up the stories!!!