Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pirates, Cross Dressing Fair Maidens, and Fireworks!

Brisbane Riverfire Festival



A snack at Karen't before the festivities start...



Karen and me - ready for a night out! We are going out on the diveboat to see the fireworks! Everyone is suppose to dress like pirates. Ofcourse, I couldn't be bothered, I just got a eyepatch and a skull cap and got drunk as a pirate should (no, not really!!! just joking about the drunk part).




The royality as arrived....



Yes, this is a male, although, he did get quite upset with me when I referred to him as a "he".



He (she?) was wicked with the camera!






Our brand new dive boat! Apparently, the last one sank.....really!



All aboard!





The pirate ship...




My advance dive instructor. You can see why I had a difficult time concentrating on the course work!







Down the river we go... This is where I row 3 times a week...




It's gettin' wild up in here!!!




Our bartender (who is also a dive master) named Renee!






Somebody's in trouble!



Look at all the boats!



Party Time!





Look at all the people! Now you know why I paid to go on a boat!




More people....by the way, this is the riverfront where I walk to work, lovely, isn't it?



The SAS Building where I work if I am not on site at at customer's office...






The Original Custom's House...














No comments: