Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Want To Ride My Bicycle!

Lots of lovely places to ride around Brisbane....stay tuned for an upcoming blog about my latest adventure ride - where I got mauled by magpies!

But in the meantime.....

Redlands Classic Bike Ride



This was a great charity ride - except, for poor Rachel (she is the pretty, tall blone), who was borrowing my mountain bike. In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I should adjust the seat for her - and then, it keep falling down. We would put it up, she would start riding, and then BANG, it would fall down again!

But, it was a great ride for me! I haven't found any cycling groups that ride at my speed (slow, but, not quite at a beginner rate), and I found a group and hopped on the train and away we went! what fun!

Bridge To Brisbane

The Bridge to Brisbane was an AMAZING ride! I decided to take on the 100K challenge (for you Yanks, this is 60 miles), which is quite along way for someone who hasn't done much riding lately. But, you know me, always up for a challenge!



There were close to 10,000 riders! and the ride went without a hitch! What an amazing effort to coordinate! I was very impressed.



Here we are - riding down the bus tunnels! What fun! The organizers shut down the buses, and we got to use their routes. Through the bus tunnels and even had our own highway to ride on!



Even the bunnies turned up! They let me ride with their crew for a bit...





At one of the rest stops, we were entertained by beautiful African men! It was great fun to watch!










Ah! I made it to the finish! Look at the smile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome CBC Jersey. I have one just like it!