Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time to Play in the mud!

Come go hiking with me.....we are off to my favorite hiking spot, the Western Scenic Rim, which is an hour and 1/2 drive from Brisbane, if you don't get lost, which I always do. Or there is a wreck, or there is construction, or there is pouring rain. Yet, I always return to my favorite spot for a long hike, a bottle of wine, and cheese and crakers...let's go....






up the trail....




Typical Queensland rainforest foliage...so beautiful. I always said I was going to live somewhere there was palmtrees....and even named my business back in North Carolina: www.palmtreeinc.net







This is the trail of two Black boys. No, not the tale of Two Black Boys, but, a trail adorned with a "Black Boy" plant. The name of the plant was changed to be more policitically correct when a sigh was found that said: "Black boys for sale at nursery up ahead". :-)













You can see how high up I am from the winding road below....that is the road you drive in on to get to this hike.





No comments: